To provide therapeutic support for parents and infants from conception to two years who are in need of assistance to establish and build close and nurturing relationships.
To contribute to a more responsible and empathetic society through an intensive focus on positive early relationships and emotional wellbeing.
All our work is guided by our core values and competencies.
- Relationships - A healthy parent-infant relationship and attachment forms the foundation for the child to learn and develop their emotional regulation skills, social skills, and cognitive abilities
- Early Intervention - Early identification of relationship difficulties and timely intervention are effective for both improving individual outcomes and reducing costs to society both in the short and long term
- Accessibility - Therapeutic support should be available to all parents, from conception to 2 years, who may need help to improve their relationship with their baby
- Clinical Expertise - OXPIP therapists are all highly qualified therapists who draw on a wide range of interventions and are experienced in working to improve parent-infant relationships.
- Knowledge and Experience - OXPIP was one of the founding parent-infant psychotherapy organisations in the UK and has in-depth knowledge and experience of working with parent and infant mental health in a wide range of settings, across a diverse group of clients and situations.
- Training and Cascading Knowledge - OXPIP has strong expertise in explaining, communicating and sharing its clinical expertise with therapists and non-therapists to develop their capacity to support parent-infant relationships. We provide consultation to allied professionals.